Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Will deleting an email on one device also delete it on other dev ices?

I currently use two MacBook Pros and an iMac for emails. Will deleting emails off one device automatically be deleted off all other devices or will they only be deleted off the device on which the deletion is performed?

iMacs/MacBook/MacBook Pros

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

With an IMAP account the default action is to synchronize the accounts on each device accessing the account. To keep emails on a device you would have to move the emails out of the synced account folders.

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Mar 10, 2018 5:25 PM in response to BobTheFisherman In response to BobTheFisherman

Thanks for your reply. What do you mean by the folders being synced? I do want to keep emails on two computers but do not want to have them all on the remaining one. If necessary, can I unsync one and delete all messages I do not want on it but keep them all on the other two?

Best regards,

Rob.

Mar 10, 2018 5:25 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Mar 11, 2018 4:14 AM in response to robb13 In response to robb13

With an IMAP account the default action is to synchronize the accounts on each device accessing the account. To keep emails on a device you would have to move the emails out of the synced account folders.

Mar 11, 2018 4:14 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: robb13

Question: Will deleting an email on one device also delete it on other dev ices?