Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Previously purchased movies are not playing on any of my Apple TV's.

Why are my previously purchased movies not working on any of my Apple TV's? They show up in the list, but will not play, but simply take me to the screen to repurchase them again, which I refuse to do. Strangely, if I start them on my phone or other non Apple TV device, I can then play it on my Apple TV. I have signed out and restarted the Apple TV and checked to make sure the ID is correct. I have also checked to make sure that the movies are not "hidden." Any ideas? This is very frustrating.

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 12:15 AM

1 reply

Mar 10, 2018 10:46 PM in response to Jclark2003

strange errors all of a sudden too - Only maybe 3% of my purchased content is showing up in “Movies” - it’s missing ( shows fine on iPhone, iPad, MacBook) - YET when I look in the “TV” app I can see and watch movies that ive purchased that don’t show up in Movies. If I go to “Library” vi the TV app ALL the movies show up again...BUT now its indicating I need to buy them again....when I try to buy again it says I’ve already purchased it and allows me to watch the movie.

Ive tried restarting, unplugging, resetting, resigning in —- pretty much everything. no luck yrt

Previously purchased movies are not playing on any of my Apple TV's.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.