Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: when logging on from shutdown OS Sierra is very slow. Many app pop ups requiring passwords, which I must have provided as they are all acceptable, but a real waste of time.

When logging on from shutdown OS Sierra is very slow. Many app pop ups requiring passwords, which I must have provided as they are all acceptable, but a real waste of time. How do I get rid of these?

iPad, iOS 8

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 10, 2018 2:24 AM in response to stefano strafella In response to stefano strafella

Check System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items and remove any apps in the list you don't want to start by selecting and using the minus icon. Any others would be have to be changed in their respective preferences.

Mar 10, 2018 2:24 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 10, 2018 9:10 AM in response to Eric Root In response to Eric Root

Hello ! Eric

The second article that you have posted in it this step is never to be performed , if you check the boxes it will prompt to enter admin password , to remove these pop ups uncheck the two boxes and click on save .

This could lead to the corruption of keychain .

See these screen shots .

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Mar 10, 2018 9:10 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: stefano strafella

Question: when logging on from shutdown OS Sierra is very slow. Many app pop ups requiring passwords, which I must have provided as they are all acceptable, but a real waste of time.