Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy Paste Issue with Search

MacBook Pro i7, High Sierra

Having problem on copy paste files from SD Cards to HD using search .... Search files (ex JPG, any type of files), select all, copy .... Paste is disable

However, same files same sources (SD cards) is fine, can be copied and pasted, if we choose file manually.

Tried on external HD, copy paste works fine

Please help and Thanks

Gatot.

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 1:26 AM

12 replies

Mar 10, 2018 2:45 AM in response to dialabrain

The source files is in SD Card, and destination is either internal or external HD,

1. SEARCH specific of files (JPG, CR2, Mov or any tupe files), select all, copy ... PASTE is disable

2. If we select all files (without search) or select manually, copy ... then “PASTE” work fine

Tried the No. 1 approach on iMac Yosemit, copy paste work fine

Mar 10, 2018 5:54 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

When I bring my camera out, I shoot photo in raw file (mostly CR2 type of file) and jpeg and also make several footages with MoV type of files, using SD type of memory card ... when it finish, I transfer and manage all those files according type of file ... therefore I allways use “search select copy directly from SD Card (plug in to Card Reader) and paste it to external HD ... work fine until I upgraded myacbook using High Sierra.

Copy Paste Issue with Search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.