Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Enable Drag And Drop Not Working

Hello everyone, so I am trying to Enable Drag and Drop for images, files, etc. I keep seeing videos, pictures on more on how to do it, and almost always it says: 1- Go to System Preferences. 2- Go to accessibility. 3- Click on Mouse and trackpad. 4- From there, enable drag and drop.

I did everything correctly, but when I click on Mouse and Trackpad, All I see is Mouse Options, I do not see Trackpad Options, which is what I need to enable drag and drop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), System preferences Mac.

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 2:52 AM

4 replies

Mar 10, 2018 9:32 AM in response to Alex05Diego06

Ok so are you trying to drag and drop to the same destination, for example if you are just rearranging the Desktop then check your Show View Options under View in the Finder and check what your Arrange By or Sort By options are set to if they are set to anything but None then they will jump to the order you have set.

Otherwise if you have a file on your Desktop and you want to put it in a folder, can you do that.

Enable Drag And Drop Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.