Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i just got a email from apple stating someone used my id once I got to apple website to change my info apple asked for my ssn & other personal information. it was apple & it wasn't any other web site, should i be still worried

I got an email about some used my id to buy gems or something. When I went to apple web site it asked me for my ssn & other personal info. Should i still be worried?? It was apple web site just never seen apple ask for my SSN??

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 2:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 2:11 AM

A genuine message from Apple will always address you by your name or the name they know you by … and come from an address that ends @apple.com.

Never respond to a mail that does not meet both of the conditions above or indeed, that you feel suspicious about.

Send a copy of the email (as an attachment) to Apple at …. Reportphishing@apple.com

It was not Apple. I hope you did not give any details.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2018 2:11 AM in response to juanfromgeyserville

A genuine message from Apple will always address you by your name or the name they know you by … and come from an address that ends @apple.com.

Never respond to a mail that does not meet both of the conditions above or indeed, that you feel suspicious about.

Send a copy of the email (as an attachment) to Apple at …. Reportphishing@apple.com

It was not Apple. I hope you did not give any details.

i just got a email from apple stating someone used my id once I got to apple website to change my info apple asked for my ssn & other personal information. it was apple & it wasn't any other web site, should i be still worried

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.