Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: I have a problem charging my credit card from overseas to don’t know why

That did not happen with android ever why?

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Mar 10, 2018 6:29 AM in response to stoyanfrombellevue In response to stoyanfrombellevue

I have a problem charging my credit card from overseas to don't know why

? Not entirely sure what that means.

But to use a country's store you have to be in that country with a billing address in that country on the account, and you can't use credit or debit cards issued by a different country's bank.

Mar 10, 2018 7:51 AM in response to stoyanfrombellevue In response to stoyanfrombellevue

The point is, you cannot use an US credit card in the Bulgarian store, and you cannot use a Bulgarian credit card in the US store.

Whatever Android did is not relevant.

Apple has always had this limitation. If you are using the Bulgarian store, then you need a Bulgarian issues credit card with a Bulgarian billing Address.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Mar 10, 2018 6:29 AM in response to stoyanfrombellevue In response to stoyanfrombellevue

I have a problem charging my credit card from overseas to don't know why

? Not entirely sure what that means.

But to use a country's store you have to be in that country with a billing address in that country on the account, and you can't use credit or debit cards issued by a different country's bank.

Mar 10, 2018 6:29 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Mar 10, 2018 7:42 AM in response to stoyanfrombellevue In response to stoyanfrombellevue

My question was I use a US credit card in Bulgaria and I put a home address in Bulgaria before and they don’t allow me to do that I don’t know why. I didn’t have that problem with the android on that matter. It’s like cause I live overseas they wanna make me pay with Bulgarian card I don’t get it

Mar 10, 2018 7:42 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 10, 2018 7:51 AM in response to stoyanfrombellevue In response to stoyanfrombellevue

The point is, you cannot use an US credit card in the Bulgarian store, and you cannot use a Bulgarian credit card in the US store.

Whatever Android did is not relevant.

Apple has always had this limitation. If you are using the Bulgarian store, then you need a Bulgarian issues credit card with a Bulgarian billing Address.

Mar 10, 2018 7:51 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Mar 10, 2018 8:32 AM in response to stoyanfrombellevue In response to stoyanfrombellevue

If you are using a US credit card in the US store then it should work. Are you getting an error? If so, what is the exact text of the error?

You can verify you are in the U.S store by going into Settings->iTunes & App Stores->Apple ID->Billing Address->Country/Region

Mar 10, 2018 8:32 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 11, 2018 2:19 PM in response to King_Penguin In response to King_Penguin

What I mean is I live in Bulgaria currently but I use my us credit card in Bulgaria they want me to give th m us address and I have the info send to Bulgaria from my Bank of America now I can’t make purchases even when I give address in US and that did not happ n to me while I was using android no one cared where I live now and where my card is from I think that’s unfair what can I do ?

Sent from my iPhone

Mar 11, 2018 2:19 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 11, 2018 7:46 PM in response to stoyanfrombellevue In response to stoyanfrombellevue

Again. If you are using the U.S. store, you need to be using a U.S. issued credit card with a U.S. billing address.

If you are using the Bulgarian store, you need a Bulgarian credit card with a Bulgarian billing address.

You cannot mix and match. You cannot use the Bulgarian store with a U.S. credit card or viceversa.

If they fixed it, then someone clearly cared. Again whatever Android does is not relevant. This is the way it works with Apple Services. Credit cards must match the store country.

Mar 11, 2018 7:46 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: stoyanfrombellevue

Question: I have a problem charging my credit card from overseas to don’t know why