Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete chat group contact.

8 contacts. Multiple messages. One not iphone user. When swipe under detail to delete, I get contact details instead. How do I remove the non-iphone user contact from the group convo?

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 4:34 AM

1 reply

Mar 11, 2018 9:36 AM in response to mountainbnewb

Hello mountainbnewb!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. I see from your post that you are having trouble removing a non-iPhone user from a group conversation. I can definitely understand wanting to make sure that you can manage who receives what messages on your iPhone. I can definitely help shed some light on why this isn't working.

This is actually expected behavior. Check out this section of this great resource about group messaging called Send a group message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch :

Add or remove someone from a group conversation

Anyone in a group iMessage can add or remove someone from the conversation. You can remove a person from a group iMessage that has at least three other people. You can’t add or remove people from group MMS messages or group SMS messages.

I hope this information is helpful for future reference.

Kindest Regards

Can't delete chat group contact.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.