Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add AirPods to Find My iPhone

How can I link my AirPods with my Apple ID or iCloud account? For some reason I can't see my AirPods in Find My iPhone app (AirPods are connected to my devices, but don't appear in the app automatically).

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 5:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2018 6:35 AM

Hey uncurrent,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Community. I understand that you're not able to see your AirPods while using Find My iPhone. I can understand wanting to make sure all of your devices show up here in case they're ever lost.

I recommend to take a look at the first section of the article below. If you still don't see them after going through those steps, try to unpair your AirPods from your iPhone and then set them back up.

I don't see my device in Find My iPhone

Don't see your device on iCloud.com or in the Find My iPhone app? After each of the following instructions, check again:

• Check that you signed in to iCloud on your device: For iOS 10.3 or later, tap Settings. If you see "Sign in to your [device]," tap it and enter your Apple ID and password. For earlier versions of iOS, tap Settings > iCloud and enter your Apple ID and password.
  • Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Find My iPhone. If Find My iPhone is off, turn it on. Then tap Allow.
  • Check which Apple ID you signed in with. Maybe you signed in to iCloud.com or Find My iPhone with a different Apple ID than on the device that you don't see listed. To check, sign in to Find My iPhone or iCloud.com with your other Apple ID accounts and look for your device.
  • Check that your device has a cellular or Wi-Fi network connection. For example, to locate your Mac or Apple Watch, it must connect to Internet through a known Wi-Fi network (not Ethernet). If you can access your device and see that it has an active Internet connection, turn Airplane Mode on and back off. Still need help? Turn your device off and back on.
  • Tap Settings > General > Date & Time. Check that Set Automatically is on, which automatically sets your date and time based on your time zone.

With the same Apple ID, you can register up to 100 devices for Find My iPhone. If you need to add a device after you registered 100 others, remove a device first.

Get help with Find My iPhone

You can follow the steps here to set up your AirPods again:

Set up your AirPods with other devices

The first time you set up your AirPods with an iPhone with iOS 10, follow the steps above.

To set up your AirPods with a non-Apple device or a device that isn't logged in to your iCloud account, follow these steps:

1. Put your AirPods in the case.
  2. Open the lid.
  3. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until you see the status light flash white.
  4. Follow the steps to set up a Bluetooth device with your iPhone or iPod touch, Mac, or Apple TV (4th generation).

Use your AirPods
Let me know how those steps work out for you.
Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2018 6:35 AM in response to uncurrent

Hey uncurrent,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Community. I understand that you're not able to see your AirPods while using Find My iPhone. I can understand wanting to make sure all of your devices show up here in case they're ever lost.

I recommend to take a look at the first section of the article below. If you still don't see them after going through those steps, try to unpair your AirPods from your iPhone and then set them back up.

I don't see my device in Find My iPhone

Don't see your device on iCloud.com or in the Find My iPhone app? After each of the following instructions, check again:

• Check that you signed in to iCloud on your device: For iOS 10.3 or later, tap Settings. If you see "Sign in to your [device]," tap it and enter your Apple ID and password. For earlier versions of iOS, tap Settings > iCloud and enter your Apple ID and password.
  • Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Find My iPhone. If Find My iPhone is off, turn it on. Then tap Allow.
  • Check which Apple ID you signed in with. Maybe you signed in to iCloud.com or Find My iPhone with a different Apple ID than on the device that you don't see listed. To check, sign in to Find My iPhone or iCloud.com with your other Apple ID accounts and look for your device.
  • Check that your device has a cellular or Wi-Fi network connection. For example, to locate your Mac or Apple Watch, it must connect to Internet through a known Wi-Fi network (not Ethernet). If you can access your device and see that it has an active Internet connection, turn Airplane Mode on and back off. Still need help? Turn your device off and back on.
  • Tap Settings > General > Date & Time. Check that Set Automatically is on, which automatically sets your date and time based on your time zone.

With the same Apple ID, you can register up to 100 devices for Find My iPhone. If you need to add a device after you registered 100 others, remove a device first.

Get help with Find My iPhone

You can follow the steps here to set up your AirPods again:

Set up your AirPods with other devices

The first time you set up your AirPods with an iPhone with iOS 10, follow the steps above.

To set up your AirPods with a non-Apple device or a device that isn't logged in to your iCloud account, follow these steps:

1. Put your AirPods in the case.
  2. Open the lid.
  3. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until you see the status light flash white.
  4. Follow the steps to set up a Bluetooth device with your iPhone or iPod touch, Mac, or Apple TV (4th generation).

Use your AirPods
Let me know how those steps work out for you.
Take care.

How to add AirPods to Find My iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.