Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing with a new computer?

I have a new desktop computer, a Hewlett-Packard running Windows 10. I thought my iPhone 6 was syncing with it, because it was downloading photos - but it seems it's not listed among my devices.

I'm finally getting my new battery on Monday morning, and syncing is imperative. However, I can find no way to add my new PC to iTunes, and I've spent the last half-hour searching for ways. Can somebody help me?

I'm a non-technie with chemo brain, so simple step-by-step instructions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

iPhone 6

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 1:40 PM

That's nothing more than a list of devices that are authorized to play your iTunes purchases. You're limited to 10 total, and only 5 of them can be computers. Authorization instructions are available here

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201251

9 replies

Mar 11, 2018 1:45 PM in response to panchososa694

Thank you, panchososa. I'm now told that my computer is authorized. But my phone STILL won't sync! It insists that it will sync when the old PC is available. Since that will never be, I'm not sure what to do next. I've tried a hard shut-off a couple of times, but that didn't do anything. I even went and dug up the original (short) Apple cord and plugged it in, all to no avail. I have to decide shortly whether to cancel my appointment to get my new battery - and I really, really need my new battery.

Mar 11, 2018 2:23 PM in response to sarah bryan

Hi Bryan !

So these listed was synced is that your ID account ICloud? Try to remind your memory did you signed this account to another PC. If you were did it let’s remove all of another devices. And if the new PC impossible to synce maybe it’s lost the certification to access your iPhone. Let’s try to download a third party app for PC such as Adobe Flash player. And go to setting on Google Browsers PC on top right hand to choose setting. Let’s check the Available for Cookies first and then the verification for plugin

to accept another device to conflict with the window. After download you save in the Program File and it’s will ask you something that allow to synce or not. Sometime one PC was Authorized but still can’t accept another device to conflict with system. First sign in Google on IPhone choose synce which the account Google that you use it signed up ID iCloud. Then back to your PC and sign in Google also - choose synce.

Total you must do 4th steps

1. Check PC availability third party to allow another device conflict PC or not , if no..download the “Adobe Flash Player”

2. Sign in Google PC on top right hand choose setting, check an “ADDS ON” File have to ready synce, if no..you find the ADDS ON plugin and download, it’s will show you how to do

3. Check your Account Google ( used to sign up ICloud ID) to choose synce on your IPhone

4. Use cable chargers battery to connect PC to synce. Remember these steps that you were have got an ITunes already on PC. If still not have. You must be download ITunes and ICloud first

Goodluck

Syncing with a new computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.