Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP NEEDED! S.M.A.R.T ERRORS!

HELP! I WENT TO INTERNET RECOVERY MODE TO ERASE A BOOTCAMP PARTITION BUT I ENDED UP ERASING ALL OF MY SSD WITHOUT BACKING UP ANYTHING NOW I TRIED TO REINSTALL HIGH SIERRA THEN A SMART ERROR APPEARS THAT IT CAN ONLY BE FIXED IF I BACK ANYTHING AND REPLACED MY DISK!1

IM PANICKING BECAUSE I'M SEARCHING FOR ANSWERES AND IT CAN ONLY BE FIX IF YOU BUY A SSD AND REPLACE IT!

IS THERE ANYWAY TO FIX IT WITHOUT BUYING OR REPLACING ANYTHING?

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 5:20 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

Mar 10, 2018 4:56 PM in response to Noice_Senpai

Part of the resulting issue relates to incorrect use of 'internet recovery' to erase

BootCamp partition. Usually you'd use BootCamp to address partitions it made.

Set up a Windows partition on your Mac - Apple Support

Remove the partition. Use Boot Camp Assistant to safely remove Windows and

the Windows partition from your Mac, restoring your startup drive to a single ...

User uploaded filehttps://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204009

Using Windows on your Mac with Boot Camp - Apple Support

How to install Windows on your Mac with Boot Camp. Boot Camp helps you

install Microsoft Windows on your Mac. ... Format your Windows partition.

User uploaded filehttps://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201468

Deleting a Boot Camp partition | Macworld

When making the move to a Mac, you created a Boot Camp partition in order to run

Windows. You're so over Windows now ... you'd like to get rid of it. Here's how.

User uploaded filehttps://www.macworld.com/article/1156195/mac-apps/delete-boot-camp...

Also you could help us, help you, with exacting reference to the product model

with series & build year; hardware configuration you've attempted to work with.

{..Identify your product ~ but do not post serial numbers or personal information..}

Details for handling SSD installation and some aspects of troubleshooting are

in the OWC blog pages; where the general info could work with any brand.

[Theirs are better where supported due to their implementation (lack of) trim.

But this aspect applies when dealing with brands they discuss in sales blog.]

In any event...

Good luck & happy trails! 🙂

Mar 10, 2018 6:27 AM in response to Noice_Senpai

Try erasing/reformatting the disk again. Sometimes that will straighten out errors, but the fix will likely be temporary. You should plan on replacing the disk in the near future even if you can get it to work temporarily.

You can look here for a new disk. I have purchased RAM several times, a MacBook Pro battery, and a hard drive from Other World Computing and have always been very satisfied with the product and service. They have on-line instructions on how to replace the disk.

Other World Computing

Please don't type in all capital letters. It makes your post harder to read and is considered shouting on the Internet.

Mar 11, 2018 1:40 AM in response to Noice_Senpai

Noice_Senpai wrote:

HELP! I WENT TO INTERNET RECOVERY MODE TO ERASE A BOOTCAMP PARTITION

Next time, just run the Boot Camp Assistant. You can remove BootCamp and re-merge the disk space with your primary partition using that. What you did was Nuke the drive from orbit.

Agree with trying to erase and re-format it again. Sometime's the SMART error is a false positive.

You're not getting your data back, though. That's long gone at this point.

Mar 15, 2018 8:59 AM in response to Noice_Senpai

Another "note": do not try to install HighSierra, that will lead to errors.

Just try to start the Windows partition, that may be still there:

Start up while holding the Alt/Option key, then choose the windows partition, and save as much as you can from your data in there to an external disk.

If you do not see any startdisk.... you are in serious problems as the others here have discussed. Follow their advice.

HELP NEEDED! S.M.A.R.T ERRORS!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.