Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID and two factor verification

I use Firefox for my web browsing. Whenever I log onto Apple I get the same request for my Apple ID email/password and this then leads to a dialog claiming this is a new device and subsequently a new browser. Each dialog has to be answered - I particularly like the question - do you trust this browser? The answer is always yes.

This is an annoying waste of time - has anyone found a solution to this?

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 7:44 AM

3 replies

Mar 10, 2018 9:22 AM in response to DavJam

I normally use Safari but occasionally use Firefox and just tried logging in to iCloud using the current version (58.0.2). The first time required the two-factor code and I selected the option to Trust this Browser. I then exited the web page, quit Firefox, and started over. The second time required the Apple ID and Password but nothing else. I'm guessing but wondering if it is related to cookies not being saved or being deleted when you exit Firefox.

Mar 10, 2018 9:58 AM in response to FoxFifth

After receiving your response I logged in again and only needed to type in the Apple ID password. Two factor validation not required this time. I suspect it will be required tomorrow if I login. This shouldn't be necessary as nothing changes day to day.

The cookies seem to be set correctly.

The other annoying part about this is that the Apple ID login box - despite having the "remember me" ticked remembers my old password and I have to type in my new (much longer and more secure) password every time I do this - and that happens every time I sign in. Shouldn't Keychain be remembering this?

Apple ID and two factor verification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.