Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Macbook Pro Screen blank on startup- External display works only a while- Cant boot up

Hi guys, I have a Macbook pro 13 inch retina with High Sierra. Since yesterday it has just refused to start up: chime, keyboard backlit, however screen turns dark blue (not totally black but nothing is visible). I have plugged in an external monitor, have tried resetting NVRAM, start up disc selection, safe mode, and disk utility. All have failed: apple appears, progress bar reaches around 2/3 of the length then external monitor not connected any more, only the backlit keyboard and the dark blue screen, nothing else... I wonder if any one has encountered the same problem or knows how to fix it. Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Thanks Allan. The cause turned out to be the loose connector from the in-built screen to the mother board. It was unplugged, plugged in again and voila, the laptop was working again. But I still dont understand why the macbook could not start up with the external monitor.

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Mar 10, 2018 7:29 PM in response to seb267 In response to seb267

After everything you have tried so far without any success, it appears it is now time to call your local Apple Store and make an appointment for them to examine it. Afterwards they will tell you your alternatives.

Mar 10, 2018 7:29 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
Question marked as Solved

Mar 11, 2018 3:59 AM in response to Allan Eckert In response to Allan Eckert

Thanks Allan. The cause turned out to be the loose connector from the in-built screen to the mother board. It was unplugged, plugged in again and voila, the laptop was working again. But I still dont understand why the macbook could not start up with the external monitor.

Mar 11, 2018 3:59 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: seb267

Question: Macbook Pro Screen blank on startup- External display works only a while- Cant boot up