Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need Help ASAP!

I format my Mac ( and it’s not the first time to do it) and the last step is to install the system but the thing is whenever I tried to install it I have to sign in to the App Store over and over again! Then Eventually this message appeared to me “this item is temporarily unavailable” and I read that I have to enter another Apple ID I used my sister’s But still the same problem (model is MacBook Air A1466)

All I see now is this black screen!

User uploaded file

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 3:54 PM

You may be caught in this situation:

but maybe sometimes it's beyond your control.

That is, there's possibly a problem somewhere along the lines between where you are and the server at Apple your Mac needs to talk to. About all you can do is wait a couple of hours and try again. Or, next day.

Basically, it's a network error. It could be your own router isn't assigning an IP address to the Mac when booting in Recovery, or Internet Recovery Mode. Try this:

1) Power the Mac and your router down.

2) Restart the router. Wait until it finishes going through its startup sequence and is at a ready state.

3) Turn the Mac and boot as you did before (I presume Recovery Mode).

4) Try installing the OS again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2018 3:54 PM in response to Imhanadi1

You may be caught in this situation:

but maybe sometimes it's beyond your control.

That is, there's possibly a problem somewhere along the lines between where you are and the server at Apple your Mac needs to talk to. About all you can do is wait a couple of hours and try again. Or, next day.

Basically, it's a network error. It could be your own router isn't assigning an IP address to the Mac when booting in Recovery, or Internet Recovery Mode. Try this:

1) Power the Mac and your router down.

2) Restart the router. Wait until it finishes going through its startup sequence and is at a ready state.

3) Turn the Mac and boot as you did before (I presume Recovery Mode).

4) Try installing the OS again.

Mar 10, 2018 9:20 AM in response to Imhanadi1

A commonly found definition:

That error code is not publicly documented. It seems to mean that the Recovery system was unable to reach an Apple server. Sometimes that's because of a problem in the local network, but maybe sometimes it's beyond your control. I suggest you try connnecting to your router with an Ethernet cable instead of Wi-Fi.

If Wi-Fi is how you were trying to install the OS, use a wired Ethernet connection from the Mac to your router instead.

I need Help ASAP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.