Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Clone FCPX from iMac to MBP

Hey all-

I work on an iMac at home and a MBP when I travel....is there a way to "clone" my FCPX program (settings, custom titles, filters, etc) from my iMac to my MBP?

I could do this periodically so both computers have the same settings and etc... I've moved titles and filters individually but it doesn't always work (especially with custom titles)

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 10, 2018 8:49 AM in response to Christophthehowler In response to Christophthehowler

Copying the contents of the Motion Templates folder ought to work for the templates that reside there. Some templates are installed via FxFactory and for those I believe you have to install them on both machines. Also if some titles use some fonts that are not part of macOS you may have to install them.

Mar 10, 2018 8:49 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 10, 2018 8:51 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1 In response to Luis Sequeira1

One other possible course of action is to store the used templates inside the appropriate libraries so they travel with them.

Mar 10, 2018 8:51 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Christophthehowler

Question: Clone FCPX from iMac to MBP