Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos won't import into Photos from Canon Powershot

Since upgrading to El Capitan I can't import photos from my Canon Powershot. I had no problems with IPhoto.

With Photos the camera is recognized, but then it stops and I can't view all of the photos. When I import photos that I've selected (and I've tried just one!) it goes to the "last import" folder, but shows nothing. When I click back on my camera folder it still says "importing 1 photo" and it's grayed out. Then I have to force quit Photos.

I set my camera so that it doesn't time out. I deleted photos from my camera before plugging it in. I even found another cord to plug it in with.

I'm running 10.11.6 on an 2008 iMac, 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. ...and everything was fine until I upgraded to El Capitan. 😟

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 12:33 PM

Does the camera have a removable memory card? If so put it in the card reader of your iMac and see it Photos or Image Capture can recognize it and import the photos. You might also have to manually copy the folder containing the image files from the memory card to the Desktop and then import from there to Photos.

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2018 12:33 PM in response to Jolane Wiegand

Does the camera have a removable memory card? If so put it in the card reader of your iMac and see it Photos or Image Capture can recognize it and import the photos. You might also have to manually copy the folder containing the image files from the memory card to the Desktop and then import from there to Photos.

User uploaded file

Photos won't import into Photos from Canon Powershot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.