Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac wont connect to canon mx452 printer

I have a canon mx452 printer that my macbook pro will not connect with. My printer has the blue wifi connection light on solid but I read somewhere that this does not mean it is connected to the router. In my printer settings there are no printers listed. It will not let me add a printer. I have tried numerous things suggested by other users to no avail. Could someone pls. help me if they have had this trouble and figured it out. I have been working on this issue for days. Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 10:04 AM

3 replies

Mar 10, 2018 11:49 AM in response to nanfos

You may require a newer driver if you have upgraded High Sierra. You might see if you find any help in the following links. Since Apple does not create printer drivers nor make printers, they provide no support other than directing you to the manufacturer for help. Canon's support for the Mac has become spotty in the last few years with no support for newer products to no driver upgrades for older products.

Printer & scanner software for macOS 10.13 to OS X 10.9

Troubleshooting printer issues in OS X - Apple Support

Printers not behaving? Reset them and start from scratch | MacIssues

mac wont connect to canon mx452 printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.