Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPhone that is dead and will not boot up and I need to clear all personal information- sign into the iCloud app and could not find where I can use that clear the phone

I have an iPhone 7 that needs returned but it will not turn on to clear personal information. Went to iCloud to try and access that information and could not find where I go to do that in that app

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 8:52 AM

Hi Majesticconcrete,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're unable to turn on your iPhone 7 and you're trying to erase it remotely using iCloud. I know it's important to ensure your personal information is secure; I can provide some information for you. To remotely erase your iPhone using the Find My iPhone app on a different device that's using your Apple ID or iCloud.com follow these steps:
  1. Sign in to Find My iPhone on this device with your Apple ID (the one you use with iCloud).

2. In the Devices list, tap the device you want to erase and remove.

3. Tap Actions, tap Erase [device], then enter your Apple ID password or your family member’s Apple ID password. Because the device isn’t lost, don’t enter a phone number or message.

User uploaded file

If the device is offline User uploaded file, the remote erase begins the next time it’s online User uploaded file. You receive an email when the device is erased.

Any credit or debit cards set up for Apple Pay on your device are removed from your device if you erase it, even if it’s offline. Apple Pay is also disabled for your device. For more information, see the Apple Support articles Use Wallet on your iPhone or iPod touch and Use Touch ID on MacBook Pro.

4. When the device is erased, tap Remove from Account. If you don’t see Remove from Account, tap the arrow User uploaded file, swipe left on the device, then tap Remove.

All your content is erased, and someone else can now activate the device.

You can also find instructions for removing a device on iCloud.com. Click the Help button User uploaded file, then go to Find My iPhone > Remove.

Find My iPhone: Remove your device

Please keep in mind that the erase command will not take effect until the iPhone comes back online.

Best Regards.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2018 8:52 AM in response to Majesticconcrete

Hi Majesticconcrete,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're unable to turn on your iPhone 7 and you're trying to erase it remotely using iCloud. I know it's important to ensure your personal information is secure; I can provide some information for you. To remotely erase your iPhone using the Find My iPhone app on a different device that's using your Apple ID or iCloud.com follow these steps:
  1. Sign in to Find My iPhone on this device with your Apple ID (the one you use with iCloud).

2. In the Devices list, tap the device you want to erase and remove.

3. Tap Actions, tap Erase [device], then enter your Apple ID password or your family member’s Apple ID password. Because the device isn’t lost, don’t enter a phone number or message.

User uploaded file

If the device is offline User uploaded file, the remote erase begins the next time it’s online User uploaded file. You receive an email when the device is erased.

Any credit or debit cards set up for Apple Pay on your device are removed from your device if you erase it, even if it’s offline. Apple Pay is also disabled for your device. For more information, see the Apple Support articles Use Wallet on your iPhone or iPod touch and Use Touch ID on MacBook Pro.

4. When the device is erased, tap Remove from Account. If you don’t see Remove from Account, tap the arrow User uploaded file, swipe left on the device, then tap Remove.

All your content is erased, and someone else can now activate the device.

You can also find instructions for removing a device on iCloud.com. Click the Help button User uploaded file, then go to Find My iPhone > Remove.

Find My iPhone: Remove your device

Please keep in mind that the erase command will not take effect until the iPhone comes back online.

Best Regards.

I have an iPhone that is dead and will not boot up and I need to clear all personal information- sign into the iCloud app and could not find where I can use that clear the phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.