Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my apple car play does not recognize all the music on my iphone

I have iPhone 8 and Apple Car Play in my car. When I try and play music from the music app on the car play screen it only shows about 1/10th the songs I have on my phone. And when I ask siri to play a song I know I have, it says it isn't available. Is there a setting to allow it to read all the music on my iPhone?

iPhone 8, iOS 11.2.2

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 12:00 PM

1 reply

Mar 11, 2018 12:16 PM in response to lauralb09

Hey there, lauralb09.

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities.

I understand that when you try to play music from the Music app on CarPlay, it's not showing all of the songs that you have on your iPhone. I'll be happy to help.

I suggest trying the steps in this support article: Set up CarPlay with your iPhone , specifically:

Get help

If CarPlay doesn't work like you expect, here’s what you can check. After each step, try using CarPlay again.

1. Make sure that Siri is turned on.
  2. Restart your iPhone and your car. Depending on your car, you might see the CarPlay Home screen when you turn it on. If you don't, look for the CarPlay logo on your car’s display.
  3. If possible, connect your iPhone to a different USB port in your car.
  4. Try a different Lightning to USB cable. Make sure that the cable is certified.
  5. Update to the latest version of iOS.
  6. Check your car’s manual for help. You might need to install firmware updates for your stereo.

Learn more about CarPlay and driving and navigating safely.

You can skip any of the steps that you've already tried.
Regards.

my apple car play does not recognize all the music on my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.