Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Share iPhone screen - support

Hi,

I hade to call Apple Support yesterday for some reason and while the Apple guy was trying to help me, he also asked whether he can connect to my iPhone to see what is happening. I was amazed that he could see my screen and I was able to see the pointer, so that he could help me easier.

My question:

How could he do that? Is there any possible way of how to do it? I'm doing "support" for my family members and almost all colleagues and this feature might help me a lot sometimes. I checked the internet and there are few companies (such as TeamViewer) which offers their app to do that, however, the Apple guy did that without anything. I just had to confirm the screen sharing. Any idea of how to do that?

Thanks

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Mar 10, 2018 1:01 PM in response to jakudo In response to jakudo

You can accomplish this with TeamViewer and similar products ( teamviewer.com )

The person you want to connect with must have the TeamViewer quick support app installed and must actively start a remote viewing session on their device. It hooks into the screen recording capabilities of iOS 11.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Mar 10, 2018 12:46 PM in response to LACAllen In response to LACAllen

Yes, I know that they cannot control the device and have only pointer. but it would still help me to help my family members and my colleagues when they need help. So is it possible to use it somehow or just Apple has the ability to do that?

Mar 10, 2018 12:46 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Helpful

Mar 10, 2018 1:01 PM in response to jakudo In response to jakudo

You can accomplish this with TeamViewer and similar products ( teamviewer.com )

The person you want to connect with must have the TeamViewer quick support app installed and must actively start a remote viewing session on their device. It hooks into the screen recording capabilities of iOS 11.

Mar 10, 2018 1:01 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Mar 10, 2018 1:01 PM in response to KiltedTim In response to KiltedTim

@LACAllen - sure, I will do that

@KiltedTim - yes, that is possible, but at that time I would need to tell anybody who needs help to download the app and teach him how to use it. It is easy for me to do that but might not be so easy for anybody else. However, it is the only possible solution at this time...

Mar 10, 2018 1:01 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 10, 2018 1:13 PM in response to LACAllen In response to LACAllen

I've toyed with it. It works fairly well. Not too much lag. No actual remote control of course, but at least I can see what is happening on the other end and direct the user what to do. It's been useful from time to time for staff we have the the field using iPads.

Mar 10, 2018 1:13 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 10, 2018 1:19 PM in response to KiltedTim In response to KiltedTim

I've just tested it (share iPhone screen to iPad). It works good, however, I'm not sure, how would I explain to my mum or or some of my colleagues (sales managers), who are alway somewhere on the road, how to enable the sharing at the time when needed. But still better than nothing.

Mar 10, 2018 1:19 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: jakudo

Question: Share iPhone screen - support