Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I specify what appears in Look Up?

I have an annoying situation when I try to look things up on my iPhone. Things used to be so much easier in iOS 10. Siri used to work.

Now when I type something in, all sorts of things except for what I want show up in the look up feature. As you can see from this screenshot, I have typed “rebuilding”, and I wanted my numbers spreadsheet to be the first item. I have never clicked on the movie entry, yet it appears regardless of what I do.

I never want to look up movies using my look up feature. I have disabled prime video showing Siri results, I have disabled Netflix and I have disabled YouTube. Yet the movie entries still show up.

This is extremely frustrating. Siri used to save and remember what I wanted nearly by typing something in. Every time that I typed “S“, settings would be the first option for me to choose. Every time I typed in “NP“, NPR would be the first option for me to choose. But now Siri no longer pulls up these options. It does not even recognize NP. So I have to search manually for the icons. This is infuriating.

The long and short of my question is – how can I control Siri?

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 2:38 PM

1 reply

How do I specify what appears in Look Up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.