Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Homepod Remote app crashes

Just a heads up, the legacy Remote App which allows you to stream music from your local Mac to your HomePod via Airplay will freeze and crash HomeSharing consistently.

Basically HomeSharing is still a disaster and has been for (7?) years.

Any suggestions? Entire ecosystem is Apple including Airport router and latest version of OS X.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 17, 2018 3:28 PM in response to turingtest2 In response to turingtest2

So you have your music library on your Mac in iTunes, are able to connect via the legacy (blue) remote app on iOS, play a song via Airplay to HomePod without it crashing?

I can get one song to play, let the iPhone go inactive and after the song is completed try to connect again and it’s non responsive for me. Trying to tap “My Name’s Library” in the app it is totally non responsive.

Mar 17, 2018 3:28 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 17, 2018 3:31 PM in response to zerg445 In response to zerg445

After further evaluation it totally crashes my HomeSharing. Trying to access the “Computers” from any of my AppleTVs results in nothing found. Only solution is to close iTunes and reopen.

Mar 17, 2018 3:31 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 17, 2018 3:37 PM in response to zerg445 In response to zerg445

The only way to safely stream music from Mac via airplay to HomePod is to do it via “Computer’s” on the AppleTV and then AirPlay the AppleTv audo to the AirPod.

Mar 17, 2018 3:37 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: zerg445

Question: Homepod Remote app crashes