Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i play music on homepod when i leave with my phone or turn it off?

Play music on HomePod without iphone

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 6:04 PM

3 replies

Mar 10, 2018 9:35 PM in response to turingtest2

I do subscribe to Apple Music. I had asked Siri to play music (I wasn’t playing music via airplay from my phone) so I thought that was from the Apple servers. However the music stopped after I left the house with my iPhone. (I set up the HomePod with my iPhone.) Apple support said i had to airplay from a second device that remains in my home (such as my iPad) in order for the music streaming to continue.

Mar 11, 2018 4:34 AM in response to gwenfrombellbrook

The HomePod can play music directly from your purchase history, or your iCloud Music Library if you have Apple Music or iTunes Match. With a regular Apple Music subscription you can only stream to one device at a time, so if you started streaming AM tracks on your phone that would have stopped playback on the HomePod. If you only play tracks already downloaded to the iPhone that shouldn't cause a problem. The family subscription allows for up to six streams.

tt2

how do i play music on homepod when i leave with my phone or turn it off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.