Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: how do i play music on homepod when i leave with my phone or turn it off?

Play music on HomePod without iphone

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 10, 2018 9:35 PM in response to turingtest2 In response to turingtest2

I do subscribe to Apple Music. I had asked Siri to play music (I wasn’t playing music via airplay from my phone) so I thought that was from the Apple servers. However the music stopped after I left the house with my iPhone. (I set up the HomePod with my iPhone.) Apple support said i had to airplay from a second device that remains in my home (such as my iPad) in order for the music streaming to continue.

Mar 10, 2018 9:35 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 11, 2018 4:34 AM in response to gwenfrombellbrook In response to gwenfrombellbrook

The HomePod can play music directly from your purchase history, or your iCloud Music Library if you have Apple Music or iTunes Match. With a regular Apple Music subscription you can only stream to one device at a time, so if you started streaming AM tracks on your phone that would have stopped playback on the HomePod. If you only play tracks already downloaded to the iPhone that shouldn't cause a problem. The family subscription allows for up to six streams.

tt2

Mar 11, 2018 4:34 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: gwenfrombellbrook

Question: how do i play music on homepod when i leave with my phone or turn it off?