Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone pictures not displaying for import

I took about 50 pictures yesterday and today on my iPhone 6. I plugged it into my iMac and it shows only 6 new pictures. How do I fix this? What setting may I have incorrect?

Thanks again to all you iPhone smart people.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4, Talking to Siri via "Dashboard"

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 2:14 PM

1 reply

Mar 11, 2018 1:15 PM in response to MD_Gene

Hi MD_Gene,

I understand that you are trying to import photos from your iPhone to your Mac, but it's only seeing 6 out of 50 of your new photos. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

Based on what you've described, it sounds like you may be encountering something that is expected when using iCloud Photo Library. With iCloud Photo Library enabled, any photos that are already in iCloud Photo Library will not be available to sync manually. You can learn more about using iCloud Photo Library in the article below:

iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

To check if you are using iCloud Photo Library on your Mac, go to System Preferences > iCloud. Click Options next to Photos.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

iPhone pictures not displaying for import

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.