Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Merge iTunes.

I have one laptop which has three logins for three users. One user has an iPhone, one has a iPod classic and the other one has an iPhone an iPod and an iPad.

All three are using the same iTunes account.

How do I go about setting the laptop up so that it only has one login and all users using the one iTunes.

I’m just trying to simplify my laptop.

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 3:57 PM

5 replies

Mar 10, 2018 5:01 PM in response to Kdsammy

The basic approach would be to backup each library, decide which one is going to be your master library, probably the one that has the most devices syncing to it, then make sure you can access each of the other library folders from the master library's profile, and that each is generating an iTunes Library.xml file. In the master library import the XML files of the other two libraries, consolidate, then use the advice in Re: Deleting duplicate tracks to dedupe the result. You may get erase and sync warnings for the devices that are switching from one library to another, but you should have all of the same content, and the playlists that they synced with, so nothing should actually get lost even if some content has to be replaced on the first sync.

tt2

Merge iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.