Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari can't open the page "http://www.tvpolonia.com" because the server where the page is located isn't responding.

I use Teamviewer to gain access to my elderly father's computer to provide occasional tech help, but something changed within the last couple days that has me stumped. A website he uses all the time, TVPolonia.com, suddenly stopped working with this error:

Safari can't open the page "http://www.tvpolonia.com" because the server where the page is located isn't responding.

I can't load it from his Mac Mini, nor his iPad. I can load it from any device of mine (roughly 3000 miles away). Other websites load just fine from his devices. Any idea where to begin figuring this out?

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 5:02 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 21, 2018 8:02 AM in response to Jason the birder

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. If Back-to-My Mac is selected in System Preferences, the Guest account will not work. The intent is to see if it is specific to one account or a system wide problem. This account can be deleted later. Please post if this worked or not.

Isolating an issue by using another user account

If the problem is still there, try booting into the Safe Mode using your normal account. Disconnect all peripherals except those needed for the test. Shut down the computer and then power it back up after waiting 10 seconds. Immediately after hearing the startup chime, hold down the shift key and continue to hold it until the gray Apple icon and a progress bar appear. The boot up is significantly slower than normal. This will reset some caches, forces a directory check, and disables all startup and login items, among other things. When you reboot normally, the initial reboot may be slower than normal. If the system operates normally, there may be 3rd party applications which are causing a problem. Try deleting/disabling the third party applications after a restart by using the application un-installer or by using the developer’s uninstall instructions. For each disable/delete, you will need to restart if you don't do them all at once. Please post if this worked or not.

Safe Mode - About El Capitan
also Sierra

Safe Mode Startup – El Capitan. also Sierra

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. You can run the report for free at least once, but if you run it several times, at some point it will ask you to pay a license fee.

Etrecheck – System Information

Mar 11, 2018 10:08 AM in response to Eric Root

I've gone through all of those pages and am still having this issue. I've also discovered that an iPad connected to the same router may also be having this same issue. I'm still trouble-shooting, but it's hard over the phone. No other websites are having a problem though, which I think is really strange. No settings on the router were changed as far as I know either. I'm still working on it... Might try a router reset just to see if that fixes it. I just don't understand why the one website my dad actually uses regularly would be the one that would be affected by this sudden glitch...

Any other ideas are welcome!

Mar 20, 2018 9:00 PM in response to Eric Root

Ok, I managed to get the router reset, but still the problem persists.

Again, it's just this one website that isn't working for some reason. I tried opening it in Chrome as well and again it fails. The Chrome message is

This site can't be reached

www.tvpolonia.com took too long to respond.

Search Google for tv polonia

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Any more thoughts? What can I try from here?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.