Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X 10,13,3 screensaver changes pictures from y Photos library too quickly: How do I slow it down? I would like my photos to stay on a bit longer, current default is around 2 to 3 seconds, I would like 5, maybe 8... maybe an effect to make it a t

OS X 10,13,3 screensaver changes pictures from y Photos library too quickly: How do I slow it down?

I would like my photos to stay on a bit longer, current default is around 2 to 3 seconds, I would like 5, maybe 8... maybe an effect to make it a true screen saver an blend in and out over a period of 5 to 10 secs...

Or Is there a widget or app i can download to make this happen?

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 5:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 8:19 AM

Open photo.app through spotlight .

Take cursor on file > create > slideshow .

User uploaded file

You can name the slide show as slide show 1 or any and click on ok .

User uploaded file

Click on duration icon .

User uploaded file

The box for play selected for you can click on the drop down arrows and select the timings can minimise it up to 1 second by clicking on bottom arrow and to increase the timings you can click on upper arrow and select the desired time .

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2018 8:19 AM in response to Sharon Peiniger

Open photo.app through spotlight .

Take cursor on file > create > slideshow .

User uploaded file

You can name the slide show as slide show 1 or any and click on ok .

User uploaded file

Click on duration icon .

User uploaded file

The box for play selected for you can click on the drop down arrows and select the timings can minimise it up to 1 second by clicking on bottom arrow and to increase the timings you can click on upper arrow and select the desired time .

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Mar 11, 2018 5:56 PM in response to Sharon Peiniger

Hi Sharon,

You can adjust various settings for your screensaver I'm system preferences under Desktop & Screen Saver. See below:

Click on the Apple icon or in your dock to get to System Preferences, click Desktop & Screen Saver, then click Screen Saver.

List of screen savers

Select a screen saver on the left, then do one of the following on the right, depending on your choice:

• Click the Source pop-up menu, then choose a folder to use for slideshow pictures. To have the pictures appear in a random order, select the “Shuffle slide order” checkbox.

• Click Screen Saver Options to customize the screen saver.

The iTunes Artwork screen saver is most effective when your iTunes library contains artwork.

Start after

Click the “Start after” pop-up menu, then choose how long your Mac needs to be inactive before the screen saver starts. If you don’t want a screen saver to start, choose Never.

Show with clock

Display the time with the screen saver.

Hot Corners

Start or stop the screen saver when you move the pointer to a screen corner.

Click the pop-up menu for a corner, then choose Start Screen Saver or Disable Screen Saver.

To use a modifier with the hot corner, press and hold the Command, Shift, Option, or Control key, or a combination of these keys, while viewing the pop-up menus.

Preview a screen saver in full screen

Hold the pointer over the preview on the right, then click Preview when it appears. Move the pointer to stop the preview and return to Screen Saver preferences.

Mar 11, 2018 9:07 PM in response to Sharon Peiniger

I basically enjoy watching my photos go by when my screensaver activates, however they go by a bit too quickly, I would love to slow it down a tad... i know it is a screensaver so they must not linger, yet a few seconds may not kill my monitor and seeing the photos for a few seconds longer will make my day... thanks for your help!

Mar 11, 2018 9:57 PM in response to Sharon Peiniger

You're welcome & no, I get it. A friend and I at work actually took about a 15 - 20 min break one day to see what we could do with our screen savers, as IT randomly installed a generic one on ours & we wanted ours back or one similar. I too like things to flow. She wanted a building/puzzle type of effect. And, we both wanted our own choice of pics, but we're limited at work on what we can download & ours were gone- so, we decided to have fun with it & uploaded our team members' photos from their profiles then set them to run at a moderate rate with a subtle integration motion that would populate the first pic, then move it, and from there, keep adding in the remainder of people's photos from different points on the screen essentially, then repeat. We never said a word - we just waited until they stopped by per our email that we "needed to meet w/them to review a few procedures". Their faces when the screen saver came on..... Priceless! Lol.....Then, they all wanted to know the "how to" so that was a neat, unexpected addition. But anyhoooo....We all had a bit of fun while learning together. Needless to say, I'll reach out to her tomorrow asap to remind me, or I'll get involved in work and forget. I just installed the latest update but I don't think that should've taken away the features we managed to find (I hope). Either way, I'll get back to ya' on it.

Take care Sharon,

Liv ~

OS X 10,13,3 screensaver changes pictures from y Photos library too quickly: How do I slow it down? I would like my photos to stay on a bit longer, current default is around 2 to 3 seconds, I would like 5, maybe 8... maybe an effect to make it a t

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.