Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.13.3 No sound internal speakers have disappeared?

Since the upgrade to High Sierra, internal speakers have gone from the sound preferences. An update to OSX since, did bring them back. Then another incremental update to HighSierra OS in approx December/ Jan 2018, they have vanished again.

I was expecting another bug update to fix these, however non of them have resolved the issue.

I have done resets, restarts - I do not have any Airfoil in my library.

Anyone have any suggestions as Apple have dropped the ball on this one.

MacBook Pro (17-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5), Refurb model with Thunderbolt

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 4:24 PM

7 replies

Mar 11, 2018 7:45 AM in response to David Scragg

Hello David,
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're having some trouble with the speakers on your MacBook after updating to High Sierra, and I have some information that may help.
In cases like this, where it seems as though the system is not recognizing the speakers, it may be helpful to test the issue in safe mode. Doing so will help to isolate the issue to a startup item, and may also help resolve the issue on its own, as it clears some cached items.
Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support
If they continue to not make any sound, try the article below as well.
Get help if the internal speakers on your Mac don't make sound - Apple Support
If the behavior persists or you run into any trouble, please reach out again.
​Best Regards.

10.13.3 No sound internal speakers have disappeared?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.