Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why isn't Xfinity Mobile a supported carrier?

Is there a technical answer to why Apple doesn't support Xfinity Mobile? After all, Xfinity Mobile runs on the Verizon network and Verizon is a "supported carrier." I have tried to find the answer to this question by approaching Comcast for an answer. The best I got back from Comcast on Feb 27 was,

"At this time, Apple has only made the Apple Watch Series 3 GPS + Cellular version available on AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint. Therefore, Xfinity Mobile customers will not be able to use the GPS + Cellular Apple Watch to independently connect to the Xfinity Mobile network."

While I am reading between the lines here, it sounds like Xfinity' response places the blame (? for non inclusion) on Apple. So I extend the question to someone in the Apple community, why isn't or can't Xfinity Mobile be placed on the "supported carrier" list? Is it "at this time" like "we are working on it", a competitive issue preventing inclusion, or a royalty or tariff issue of ridiculous proportions, or an actual technical (chip, network frequency, etc) incompatibility? I purchased a GPS+cellular model Apple Watch 3 when I was with AT&T. Shortly after I made the purchase Xfinity Mobile's by-the-gig plan opened up to people already with compatible iPhones. Moving to Xfinity Mobile was the best way to reduce my cell phone bill on a retirees budget. I am hoping that Apple will stop preferential treatment to the four carriers and open it up to others.

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), Model 18-3, 4.2 GHz, 32 GB

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 4:57 PM

There are no replies.

Why isn't Xfinity Mobile a supported carrier?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.