Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Exchanging iPhone X models on the iPhone Upgrade Program?

I’m currently on the iPhone Upgrade Program with the GSM iPhone X (model A1901). I want to switch to Verizon (currently on AT&T), but I think I’m going to need the CDMA iPhone X (model A1865) based on what I’ve read. Has anyone gone through this process or know what the process is to swap models?

Am I going to have to trade in my current phone and restart the upgrade program and take a huge loss, or can I pay a fee or something to switch models?

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 10, 2018 6:25 PM in response to TheyCallMeWolfie In response to TheyCallMeWolfie

iPhone X is not eligible for trade via Apple's iPhone Trade Up Program. You could sell your phone outright, but you're surely going to take a loss and you need to pay whatever you owe your current cell carrier.

Mar 10, 2018 6:25 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 11, 2018 4:16 PM in response to TheyCallMeWolfie In response to TheyCallMeWolfie

If you are on the monthly plan through the Apple Trade Up Program, you'd have to pay off the phone as you can't use the same program to Trade up with Apple. See what it would take to be unlocked from AT&T and ask Verizon if your phone can be activated on the Verizon network if you are able to get an unlock for AT&T.

Mar 11, 2018 4:16 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: TheyCallMeWolfie

Question: Exchanging iPhone X models on the iPhone Upgrade Program?