Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I backup my photos to iCloud Photo Library without them syncing to my other devices?

My wife and I share an Apple ID for our phones and iPads and I want to backup my photos to the iCloud Photo Library that we have with our iCloud data plan. However, I do not want them to sync to any of my other devices. What can I do to prevent this from happening?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 5:20 PM

3 replies

Mar 11, 2018 6:35 AM in response to jordanmontr

Shared call logs, shared messages and a general absence of privacy from each other.

When sharing an Apple ID, you are one "person" with 2 devices. Apple's Family Sharing was designed to allow shared purchases but provide private content storage.

It is not wrong in any way, it is just not ideal in some situations. There are many conversations here where sharing an Apple ID leads to content issues. Party A starts to remove shared content without party B's knowledge and so on.

If you have it working as desired, don't change on my advice.

How can I backup my photos to iCloud Photo Library without them syncing to my other devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.