Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Reset Disabled Ipad?

Hi all, my ipad is disabled from entering the password incorrectly too many times. So I have decided to rest it back to factory settings. Unfortunately there are a few limitations:

1) My home button is busted.

2) I am not connected to the internet anywhere and since the ipad is disabled, will always be unconnected

From what I have read, the only way to do this is recovery mode. Following the instructions here: How to fix an iPad that's been disabled after entering the wrong passcode

iTunes never alerted me that a device is in recovery mode. Instead, every time it asked me to use the ipad to allow access.

Also, I can't use Apple's advice (If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

because the home button doesn't work and I never see that screen.

Note: I don't have a backup and don't require it. I just need to reset it.

What should I do?

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 5:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 6:28 PM

Then you need to take it into an Apple Support/ shop and get that home button fixed. Without that; there is nothing you can do. Im sorry.. ):

God bless!

4 replies

How to Reset Disabled Ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.