Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Why do the phishing emails continue even after reporting them to Apple??

Why do the phishing emails continue even after reporting them to Apple?? I have reported these sort of emails to reportphishing@apple.com more than 10 times! However, I continue to get the same emails from the same scam email 2-3 times a day! Are these scam emails not being tracked down?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 10, 2018 6:12 PM in response to sindu_path In response to sindu_path

Apple's Phishing partner may work to TRY to track down the sender(s) - but they are notoriously hard to find

You need to act for yourself - mark sender as SPAM or set up a rule for the sender that deletes these automatically

Reduce junk mail in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Mar 10, 2018 6:12 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 11, 2018 7:08 AM in response to sindu_path In response to sindu_path

Hi! Phishing is a huge problem, and really it doesn't have anything to do with Apple. The reason, I think, why they are asking for forwarded emails, is to learn and identify how phishing email looks like, where they are sent from etc. This information MIGHT be used to make better filters at email servers and applications, but nothing can be guaranteed, not from Apple, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo or any of the email providers.

My best tip is to mark all email with the spam button within your email application. This also helps the applications to filter out spam.

Read more about Apple's take on phishing: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support.

Petter

Mar 11, 2018 7:08 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: sindu_path

Question: Why do the phishing emails continue even after reporting them to Apple??