Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do the phishing emails continue even after reporting them to Apple??

Why do the phishing emails continue even after reporting them to Apple?? I have reported these sort of emails to reportphishing@apple.com more than 10 times! However, I continue to get the same emails from the same scam email 2-3 times a day! Are these scam emails not being tracked down?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 6:00 PM

5 replies

Mar 11, 2018 7:08 AM in response to sindu_path

Hi! Phishing is a huge problem, and really it doesn't have anything to do with Apple. The reason, I think, why they are asking for forwarded emails, is to learn and identify how phishing email looks like, where they are sent from etc. This information MIGHT be used to make better filters at email servers and applications, but nothing can be guaranteed, not from Apple, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo or any of the email providers.

My best tip is to mark all email with the spam button within your email application. This also helps the applications to filter out spam.

Read more about Apple's take on phishing: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support.

Petter

Why do the phishing emails continue even after reporting them to Apple??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.