Hi Terence - Thanks for reaching out. Let me try once again.
• I have a MacBook Pro (mid, 2014)
• OS: High Sierra, Version 10.13.3
• I have been backing up files via Time Machine for a number of years and have never encountered this type of issue.
• The backed up files are on an external drive.
••• I'm looking to download/transfer the photos from my TM file to my Photos app.
HOWEVER and this is where I loose people.
• Sierra's photo album app is now PHOTOS.
• The earlier photo app was iPHOTO.
• I want to download/transfer the TM photos to my new computer.
• When I try I get this error.
• The iPhoto Library is locked, on a locked disk, or you do not have permission to make changes to it.
The only option I have is to click ok then it goes away.
Any ideas Terence? I'd grately appreciate it.