Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iCloud with iCal on an old mac under OSX 10.6.8

I have an iCloud account and all of my more modern devices work with it just fine. However, I want to link the iCal calendar on an older Mac into iCloud as well. (There are legacy programs on that Mac that do not work on modern Macs, so I cannot update he system software beyond 10.6.8)

There are various threads both here and in other help communities that gave many answers, mostly dated when iCloud first came out. Most revolve around setting up a CalDAV account. I have tried this, but even though it seems to get me to the right server, the caldav.icloud.com server rejects my username and password. I know these are the correct username and password for my icloud account. So I'm at a loss. Is the caldav server asking for a different username and password or am I doing something wrong.

The sever address the account set up gives me is

caldav.icloud.com The server path is

*****@w***dio .ca/

Any ideas?

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 7:08 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Mar 11, 2018 6:46 PM in response to LACAllen

I'm not clear how this relates to my issue. I have an Apple ID username and password. It works fine in all my Apple related areas. I also have two-part authentification enabled.

I am trying to access iCloud, an Apple site from iCal, and Apple software. the app-specific password support page seems to involve creating and signing in to third-party software using Apple resources. There are no third party items involved in my situation, are there?

Using iCloud with iCal on an old mac under OSX 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.