Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an unbelievable number of emails in my inbox. 99% irrelevant. How do I selectively delete and keep the important ones?

How do I selectively delete unimportant emails and keep the ones that matter?

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 6:45 PM

12 replies

Mar 10, 2018 6:48 PM in response to elke170

As no one else can determine for you what is important and what isn't, you'll need to go through them one by one and decide.

Depending on the mail application you use and your email provider, you can set up filters to sort email. I use Gmail and the InBox app does a lot of automatic filtering. I've also found the the service Unroll.me is good at handling email subscriptions.

Mar 10, 2018 6:50 PM in response to elke170

With your mailbox open, select Edit and a circle will appear on the left of all messages. Those you want to delete you tap that circle, those you want to keep, you don't. Once you've made your selections, tap Trash on the bottom right of the page and voila, the selected emails will go into your trash folder. You can still retrieve them if you want until you empty the trash folder.

I have an unbelievable number of emails in my inbox. 99% irrelevant. How do I selectively delete and keep the important ones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.