Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using My Photo Stream, no iCloud Library. How to check if photos are downloaded to macbook?

I am using My Photo Stream but not iCloud Photo Library and would like to transfer a bunch of photos from my iPhone (still saved in Camera Roll) to my Macbook Pro. Most of the photos I want to transfer already appear in "All Photos" in Photos on my macbook, even those photos no longer appearing in My Photo Stream. Are these photos already backed up on my macbook if I haven't explicitly imported them yet? If not, why do they appear to be full res photos (under Get Info) in Photos. I'm more than happy to continue wired importing of photos from device to computer and do not need to subscribe to iCloud Photo Library. I do like the convenience of photos showing up across various devices in Photo Stream so long as I can physically import them to my macbook and other hard drives...but now I can't tell where my last import left off and thus which photos have already been imported. I would import all the photos but I don't want a bunch of duplicate files on my macbook pro and there are clearly already imported photos that are coming up as "new items" to import. I really wish Apple would stop pushing subscriptions to iCloud. I don't need my entire photo library available on every device, at all times.

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 7:39 PM

There are no replies.

Using My Photo Stream, no iCloud Library. How to check if photos are downloaded to macbook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.