Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What can I do to make my videos upload to Photos on my mac again?

All the videos on my phone right now are not uploading to Photos on my Macbook, but they did in the past. My pictures are all uploading fine. What should I do?

iPhone 7, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Mar 10, 2018 7:16 PM

5 replies

Mar 11, 2018 4:00 PM in response to cynthiajay832

MyPhotoStream does not transfer video (including the video portion of Live Photos) as documented - for video (and live photos) you have to use USB import or iCloud Photo Library

How to use My Photo Stream - Apple Support

Which photo formats can I use with My Photo Stream?

My Photo Stream supports JPEG, TIFF, PNG, and most RAW photo formats. My Photo Stream doesn't support video or Live Photos.

LN

Mar 12, 2018 12:45 AM in response to cynthiajay832

I import it with a USB connection, but My Photo Stream shows up without connecting my phone to my laptop with a USB.

That is abad mixture, if you are taking Live Photos. The problem is, that My Photo stream will only transfer the still frames of the Live Photos, and when you later try to import them by USB, they will be broken, because the video component cannot be paired with the still fame already in the library.

We still are in the dark about the system versions on your iPhone and Mac. Are you running iOS 11 on your iPhone? Then your iPhone may now be using a new video format and your Mac needs to be upgraded to High Sierra to be using this format, see this document how to adjust the settings on the iPhone and which system versions you need: Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices - Apple Support

What can I do to make my videos upload to Photos on my mac again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.