Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Can I add music to my library from icloud drive?

Is it possible to import MP3 files to my music library on my iPad from my iCloud Drive? I am not interested in subscribing to additional Apple services. I would like to put songs on my iPad without using the iTunes store or my Mac.

iPad Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.5, None

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

No, it is not. The music in your iPad music library is directly generated via iTunes on your computer. You can put the MP3 files into iTunes and sync the music to your iPad if you wish:

iTunes for Mac: Import music and video already on your computer

iTunes for Windows: Import music and video already on your computer

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your computer using USB - Apple Support

No additional subscribing to Apple services required. Just plain old iTunes sync. 🙂

Cheers,

GB

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 10, 2018 8:51 PM in response to docfi In response to docfi

You cannot add music files to the default Music App on the iPad from anywhere but the iTunes store, or through iTunes on a computer.

If you wish to manage your music outside of the iTunes store and iTunes on a computer, then you'll need a different 3rd party App on your iPad that can support download from iCloud directly.

Mar 10, 2018 8:51 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Apple Recommended

Mar 10, 2018 8:49 PM in response to docfi In response to docfi

No, it is not. The music in your iPad music library is directly generated via iTunes on your computer. You can put the MP3 files into iTunes and sync the music to your iPad if you wish:

iTunes for Mac: Import music and video already on your computer

iTunes for Windows: Import music and video already on your computer

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your computer using USB - Apple Support

No additional subscribing to Apple services required. Just plain old iTunes sync. 🙂

Cheers,

GB

Mar 10, 2018 8:49 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: docfi

Question: Can I add music to my library from icloud drive?