Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Why won’t my voice memos play?

I recently upgraded to and iPhone X from and iPhone 6s+ I backed up the 6s before setying up the X and everything works perfect except my voice memos. The voice memos won’t play, they’re showing up gray and not black and I can’t play ANY of them. Plus, the voice memo’s app isn’t showing up in my settings at all!

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Mar 11, 2018 3:38 PM in response to CandaceRickelle22 In response to CandaceRickelle22

Greetings, Candace!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like your memos are not playing due to being greyed out and you are unable to locate Voice Memos in Settings and I am happy to help out, For the issue with the memos not playing and being greyed out, it's possible the memos are not fully restored from iCloud, so I recommend connecting to Wi-Fi and allowing time for the restore to complete.

As for not being able to locate Voice Memos in Settings, that is expected with iOS 11, so there is nothing to worry about for that issue.

Let me know if you are still seeing the memos greyed out after the restore completes and have a great day!

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Mar 11, 2018 3:38 PM in response to CandaceRickelle22 In response to CandaceRickelle22

Greetings, Candace!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like your memos are not playing due to being greyed out and you are unable to locate Voice Memos in Settings and I am happy to help out, For the issue with the memos not playing and being greyed out, it's possible the memos are not fully restored from iCloud, so I recommend connecting to Wi-Fi and allowing time for the restore to complete.

As for not being able to locate Voice Memos in Settings, that is expected with iOS 11, so there is nothing to worry about for that issue.

Let me know if you are still seeing the memos greyed out after the restore completes and have a great day!

Mar 11, 2018 3:38 PM

Reply Helpful (6)
User profile for user: CandaceRickelle22

Question: Why won’t my voice memos play?