Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CANNOT FIND MEDIA FILES THOUGH SYSTEM SHOWS 9 GB VIDEO IN IPAD STORAGE.

Hi, Trying to download a movie from iTunes but am getting message - ‘insufficient storage space’. on checking in ’iPad storage’ it shows - 28 GB used of 32 GB with a fairly large media content. Thereafter on connecting iPad to my laptop iTunes it shows 2 videos of 9 GB, however I cant find them on my iPad. How do I resolve this? Please advise.

Regards

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 12:09 AM

7 replies

Mar 13, 2018 10:53 AM in response to MichelPM

Hi

Either I don’t have a TV app or I can’t find it. Hence couldn’t check the library in the TV app.

Ive emptied out the entire iOS photo library.

Apparently there are two videos totalling 9.2 GB. This data is seen when I connect my iPad to my computer and access it through iTunes. What video and where is it stored is what is the mystery.

When I access my iPad storage through the ‘settings’, it shows a large media content which I presume is the same mysterious movie file which I am trying to find. Screenshot below User uploaded file

Thanx for your patience.

Mar 12, 2018 1:49 PM in response to Alexinparis

So, to clarify,

You opened the TV app,

Tapped the word "Library" at the top left hand corner.

Then tapped on each category.

Tapped on TV Shows. Nothing

Tapped on Movies. Nothing

Tapped on Home Movies. Nothing

You checked your iOS Photos Library for any saved videos there, too?

Again, you haven’t told me what kind of movies or videos these are that you supposed to have a lot of these on your iPad.

There would be NO videos in the Music app. NONE.

CANNOT FIND MEDIA FILES THOUGH SYSTEM SHOWS 9 GB VIDEO IN IPAD STORAGE.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.