Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't restore apps to original locations

Following some battery discharge issues I was advised by Apple to backup>reset>restore (iTunes on Windows).

[That is the battery is reporting 97% OK in store but is still dead as a Dodo after 3 hours - an issue for another thread]

OK, so why can't restore actually restore my apps to where I left them when I backed up?

I've Googled and this issue and there may be a two-stage back up solution (right-click the device and "Restore from Backup...")

But all I've been getting doing this is the chance to put in my WiFi email Google & iTunes passwords - now for the fifth time - and the apps are still in some sort of random order (alphabetical maybe).

Apple, seriously, why do you make getting back to where I was so difficult.

Why not just an option to "Restore how it was laid out"?

Cheers, all

I'm frustrated.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 11.2.6, New Screen yesterday

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 12:21 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Can't restore apps to original locations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.