Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Assigned ringtones not working.

I resisted updating my iPhone 7 Plus to ios 11 due to all reported issues; however, I purchased an Apple Watch, and was told by Apple associate at the Apple store that I had to install 11.2.6 update so I did. Now my purchased assigned ringtones won’t play. Instead a default ringtone that I did not select plays. My volume is on, and I have already turned my phone off and on several times, but it made no difference. Does anyone have a solution?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 4:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 12:02 PM

After spending 2 1/2 hours on chat with Apple support last night, I got a call this morning from an advisor who knew about this problem. It is, in fact, due to the update and has been going on since September. He said their engineers are working on it, and hopefully this will be fixed with the next major update. He did not have any idea when that would be though. Unless we want to purchase new ringtones, we will have to wait until then.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2018 12:02 PM in response to kimfromvail

After spending 2 1/2 hours on chat with Apple support last night, I got a call this morning from an advisor who knew about this problem. It is, in fact, due to the update and has been going on since September. He said their engineers are working on it, and hopefully this will be fixed with the next major update. He did not have any idea when that would be though. Unless we want to purchase new ringtones, we will have to wait until then.

Assigned ringtones not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.