Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone X: different screen bug as everybody + improvemen suggestion

Hello,

I am writing for reporting two things related to my Iphone X.

First, I also have troubles with touch screen not responding. But it seems to be a different one from what most ao the users are having. I can always answer to the phone calls, but SOMETIMES (let's say 10 times in a month) my screen stop responding when I START a call. The call is not stopping, so people can answer to it and I can talk to them, but for instance I cannot turn on the loudspeaker or close the call.

Second: During a phone call a simple touch on the screen is activating a command. From the very first iphone, it was possible to LOCK the screen while we were calling someone. And if I lock the screen while I have the phone call, it means that I dont want the screen to be unlocked.

It happened dozens of time that I was accidentaly closing a call by slightly touching the screen that was supposed to be locked.
That's a non-sense feature since when everybody is calling with earphone or loudspeakers, is also often having the phone in his hands. Please in the next update, if I lock the screen while I call, let the screen to be locked! Then, if I really want, I will unlock with my face ID.

Thank you for your attention, I am waiting for feedbacks!

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 4:57 AM

2 replies

Mar 12, 2018 6:08 AM in response to brunellof

Hello brunellof,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities and asking about your iPhone X. Both these issues may be related to the proximity sensor or display. I have some troubleshooting to help isolate this down.

Before starting troubleshooting, I recommend making a backup of your data. You can make a backup in iCloud or iTunes using this article: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Once your data is safe, I recommend trying the troubleshooting provided in this help article for the display: Get help with the display on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

The steps in the section titled "If your display doesn't respond to touch" and if that doesn't help "If your screen is black or if your device won't turn on" are both valid for your issues.

If you still have issues, I recommend reinstalling the iOS using iTunes as the next step. You can reinstall the iOS using this help article: If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please pay close attention when you reach step 4 which says:

When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device. If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits recovery mode, let the download finish, then repeat these steps.

Once your iOS is reinstalled, test if the issue is still occurring. Thanks again and have a great rest of your day.

Iphone X: different screen bug as everybody + improvemen suggestion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.