Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photo library progress

Activated iCloud Photo library for my 50 plus thousands photo archive. Got a message at the bottom of "Photo's" window "Uploading 30,322 Items" and it stays there with no change more than 24 hours already. Is that normal?

I have 300 Mb/s internet connection. Saw on net that large databases can take weeks to upload. But does it mean that this process goes in the background with no visible changes?

Strangely enough on other device – on my iPhone in "All Photos" I see selection of 4,300 pictures, including the most recent ones, which are not yet even uploaded to my iMac. My Photo Stream apparently works well.

iMac Pro (2017), macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 4:53 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

Mar 13, 2018 7:11 AM in response to Antonio999

For some reason iCloud in the browser refuses to show "Shared Albums".

Do you mean Photos on the web page www.icloud.com?

It is only showing iCloud Photo Library, but not the shared albums. They are in a different section of iCloud. If you want to see your shared albums in a browser, enable them as a public webpage. Then you can browse them in a browser.

Mar 13, 2018 7:04 AM in response to Antonio999

What are you seeing in the Photos.app on your iCloud web page at www.icloud.com?

Can you see the upload progress there?

"Uploading 30,322 Items" and it stays there with no change more than 24 hours already. Is that normal?

This can be hanging without any change for a long time. It helps to quit Photos occasionally and to log off, so the cloud processes will be restarted, when you log in again and launch Photos again.

I have 300 Mb/s internet connection. Saw on net that large databases can take weeks to upload. But does it mean that this process goes in the background with no visible changes?

Is that a Wi-Fi connection or Ethernet? Some users reported, that iCloud Photo Library does not update on High Sierra, unless they switch from Ethernet to Wi-Fi. Also, some VPN software seems to be blocking the connection to the Cloud servers.

iCloud Photo library progress

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.