Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: when I open and start project and click on Titles it crashes

When iMovie opens its ok but when I go in to projects and try to open titles it crashes but not in audio or backgrounds, Can the titles option be deleted or any other fix please.

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Mar 16, 2018 6:22 AM in response to riverhoop In response to riverhoop

Hi,

You cannot delete the Titles feature because that is built into the software structure.

Assuming that you are using iMovie 10.x.x, try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys, and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. Sometimes that cures glitches.

-- Rich

Mar 16, 2018 7:41 AM in response to riverhoop In response to riverhoop

Hi,

Glad you found a workable solution.

However, all of the various video programs have their performance issues at times. Programs can react differently on different computers. See this link:

Perforance issues with Adobe Premiere Elements ... | Adobe Community

When you experience performance issues sometimes it's better to try to solve them rather than buying another bag of problems with some other video program. In your case I would have at least tried to re-download iMovie, or open in a new library, or open in a new user account, or boot up in Safe Mode and then re-boot in normal mode, do a disk repair with the utilities app, and so on. If nothing solves it, then that would be the time to consider another program.

Cheers,

-- Rich

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Mar 16, 2018 6:22 AM in response to riverhoop In response to riverhoop

Hi,

You cannot delete the Titles feature because that is built into the software structure.

Assuming that you are using iMovie 10.x.x, try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys, and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. Sometimes that cures glitches.

-- Rich

Mar 16, 2018 6:22 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Mar 16, 2018 7:41 AM in response to riverhoop In response to riverhoop

Hi,

Glad you found a workable solution.

However, all of the various video programs have their performance issues at times. Programs can react differently on different computers. See this link:

Perforance issues with Adobe Premiere Elements ... | Adobe Community

When you experience performance issues sometimes it's better to try to solve them rather than buying another bag of problems with some other video program. In your case I would have at least tried to re-download iMovie, or open in a new library, or open in a new user account, or boot up in Safe Mode and then re-boot in normal mode, do a disk repair with the utilities app, and so on. If nothing solves it, then that would be the time to consider another program.

Cheers,

-- Rich

Mar 16, 2018 7:41 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: riverhoop

Question: when I open and start project and click on Titles it crashes