Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally deleted my Macintosh Boot Driver.

This morning I was trying to fix my boot camp windows, as it kept crashing.

I followed this guide on how to 'fix' it. After I had done this, and while I was setting up windows, all of the hard drive partitions were shown. I realized that I had 4. I deleted the one which was '0 mb' as I mistakenly thought it was the old, no longer in use, one.

About 10 minutes ago I wanted to go back on to windows to make sure I had done everything correctly. Only to realize that there was no 'Macintosh HD' boot drive. When I deleted the boot drive with '0 mb ' I deleted my entire mac osx from my MacBook Pro.

So to put it simply: I am not stuck on windows 10 which crashes every 20 minutes with no way (as far as I know) to get mac osx back.

I am very stuck and could take any help you could offer, thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 6:22 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 11, 2018 2:49 PM in response to adamcav01

You can post a text version of the Terminal session using

• Select and Copy (Command+C) the Terminal output,
  • quit Terminal,
  • start Safari (Get Help Online)
  • Paste (Command+V) the copied output as a reply to this discussion

This will allow me to copy/paste UUIDs. Can you post the text version of

diskutil list

diskutil cs list

Mar 11, 2018 7:26 AM in response to Loner T

I am trying this as I type this. My mac has bought me to ‘macOS Utilities’ box.

There are 4 options:

Restore from time machine back up

Reinstall macOS

Get help online

Disk utility

If I click reinstall macOS it gets through all the way until the part where i choose what boot drive i want to use. But obviously, there isn’t no one for macintosh.

So, I then had a look at the disk utility section. I now learnt that the boot camp has taken all of the storage on the ssd. As in, there are two partitions: OSXRESERVED (which is only 8gb) and BOOTCAMP (which is 131gb). The other 112 gb of space on the ssd is showing as ‘unallocated space’.

Is there a way I can turn the ‘unallocated’ part into a disk drive andy reinstall macOS onto that?

I accidentally deleted my Macintosh Boot Driver.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.