Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: I accidentally deleted my Macintosh Boot Driver.

This morning I was trying to fix my boot camp windows, as it kept crashing.

I followed this guide on how to 'fix' it. After I had done this, and while I was setting up windows, all of the hard drive partitions were shown. I realized that I had 4. I deleted the one which was '0 mb' as I mistakenly thought it was the old, no longer in use, one.

About 10 minutes ago I wanted to go back on to windows to make sure I had done everything correctly. Only to realize that there was no 'Macintosh HD' boot drive. When I deleted the boot drive with '0 mb ' I deleted my entire mac osx from my MacBook Pro.

So to put it simply: I am not stuck on windows 10 which crashes every 20 minutes with no way (as far as I know) to get mac osx back.

I am very stuck and could take any help you could offer, thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Windows 10

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Mar 11, 2018 7:26 AM in response to Loner T In response to Loner T

I am trying this as I type this. My mac has bought me to ‘macOS Utilities’ box.

There are 4 options:

Restore from time machine back up

Reinstall macOS

Get help online

Disk utility

If I click reinstall macOS it gets through all the way until the part where i choose what boot drive i want to use. But obviously, there isn’t no one for macintosh.

So, I then had a look at the disk utility section. I now learnt that the boot camp has taken all of the storage on the ssd. As in, there are two partitions: OSXRESERVED (which is only 8gb) and BOOTCAMP (which is 131gb). The other 112 gb of space on the ssd is showing as ‘unallocated space’.

Is there a way I can turn the ‘unallocated’ part into a disk drive andy reinstall macOS onto that?

Mar 11, 2018 7:26 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 11, 2018 2:49 PM in response to adamcav01 In response to adamcav01

You can post a text version of the Terminal session using

• Select and Copy (Command+C) the Terminal output,
  • quit Terminal,
  • start Safari (Get Help Online)
  • Paste (Command+V) the copied output as a reply to this discussion

This will allow me to copy/paste UUIDs. Can you post the text version of

diskutil list

diskutil cs list

Mar 11, 2018 2:49 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: adamcav01

Question: I accidentally deleted my Macintosh Boot Driver.