Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iWeb now starting at boot

Recently it seems that iWeb is now launching every time I start up my Mac. This is really odd because its not set to launch at startup and I haven't really used it in many years. In fact, I had nearly forgot it existed until it randomly started up at boot time the other day. Im on MacOS 10.12.6 and while there are login item entries for iWeb in system preferences, they are not checked or enabled. I'm guessing I might have to check the .plist files or enable/disable it at boot to get it to stop.... or just uninstall it. Anyone else notice iWeb acting weird lately?

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.5), 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 with 8 GB RAM

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Did you check in the System/Users & Groups/Startup Items preference pane to see if iWeb was included to start at boot?

That's the only place where one can set it to launch at boot.

User uploaded file

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Solved

Mar 11, 2018 10:21 AM in response to Erik Cronin In response to Erik Cronin

Did you check in the System/Users & Groups/Startup Items preference pane to see if iWeb was included to start at boot?

That's the only place where one can set it to launch at boot.

User uploaded file

Mar 11, 2018 10:21 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 11, 2018 2:08 PM in response to Old Toad In response to Old Toad

iWeb did have a "blank.webtemplate" entry there but it didn't seem to matter if you selected the "hide" option as it would still start at boot either way. I had to delete the login item entry to make it finally stop. Still wondering how it changed but at least it stopped doing it now.

Mar 11, 2018 2:08 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Erik Cronin

Question: iWeb now starting at boot