Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does machines replace new iphone if mine has problem ? or they repair , i hope it will be new because i bought it for a week and sent in for diagnosis the next week

does machines replace new iphone if mine has problem ?

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 7:22 AM

3 replies

Mar 11, 2018 9:11 AM in response to ianfromhi

ianfromhi wrote:

i read the machines service its says that if found out hardware problem then can change new one from a new box opened only the phone

Apple employees may have the discretion to do all sorts of things if they believe that a replacement is the most efficient way to handle a service. There are reports of people coming in for a battery service and instead of an actual in-store service the customer is handed over a replacement iPhone.

However, a replacement device typically comes from specific replacement stock. The model number will be slightly different to reflect the replacement status of the device. It could theoretically be a completely new device, but is more likely a refurbished device with a new screen and battery. They might even be able to pull a device from a new retail box, but I'm thinking they might not hand over the box or accessories. I got a new Lightning cable as a warranty replacement, but I was only given the cable. I saw it pulled out of a retail box and I only got the cable and not the packaging.

does machines replace new iphone if mine has problem ? or they repair , i hope it will be new because i bought it for a week and sent in for diagnosis the next week

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.