Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: MacBook Air Randomly Shuts Down

Has anyone figured out why the MacBook will randomly shut down? I have a MacBook Air 13 inch that would randomly shut down it's display while I was using it or when moving the display on the hinges. I have Apple Care and it was sent back for repair three times, and "fixed" once in the Apple Store the problem never being resolved. Apple finally gave me a new MacBook and it has done the same thing. While experimenting with hand position, screen position and anything else that I could imagine, I finally figured out the problem. The MacBook has a magnetic sensor by the upper left part of the keyboard that shuts down the computer when the screen is shut. My watchband has a magnetic clasp and whenever my wrist came near the sensor, it would shut down the computer. Problem solved by just removing my Apple Watch with the magnetic band whenever I use the computer. The problem is finally solved after four months of the Genius Bar trying to fix my computer. I am sure that I am not the only one with this problem and the geniuses at the Genius Bar should be made aware of this problem and it's solution.

Posted on

Page content loaded

There are no replies.
User profile for user: gerardfromcleveland

Question: MacBook Air Randomly Shuts Down